MAN CRUSH MONDAY: STRIVE MASIYIWA
One of our man crush this Monday has to be no other man than Strive Masiyiwa. Strive the 2015 African’s 50 richest was born in African country of Zimbabwe on 29 January 1961. Strive attended primary school in Zambia before completing his school education in Scotland. He holds a degree in electrical engineering from University of Wales.Strive Masiyiwa is London-based Zimbabwe businessman and entrepreneur. He is the founder and Executive Chairman of diversified International telecommunication group Econet Wireless. A devout philanthropist, he is a cofounder, along with his wife Tsitsi, of the Higher life foundation charity that provides scholarships and meal to destitute orphans in Zimbabwe. The foundation sponsor more than 40,000 poor children in government owned school.
Masiyiwa maintains a public facebook page through which he primarily mentors budding African entrepreneurs reminiscing on his post experiences and offering lessons on success in business and life.
- “You can only find opportunities if you are looking for them”
- “Whether you’re a farmer, builder or engineer, the opportunities are equal, just add a little innovation”
“The opportunities is in the problem. The moment you see a problem, u immediately begin to think about the opportunities that can be created by trying to solve it”
- “Being business minded requires you to always approach things with humility and respect”
- “A vision on its own is not enough. Hard work and dedication is required to make that vision reality”
- “No matter what business you are in, and no matter how small or mundane the activities, there must be continuous investment in it”
- “Entrepreneurship without skills limit your growth potential”
- “Integrity is better capital than money. You can accumulate it just like money, but it goes further and is enduring”
- “There is more to literacy than reading and writing”
By Amisu Daudu